Friday 23 March 2012

Hunger Games-Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins Review

The Hunger Games-Catching Fire review

Catching Fire is the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy. I went into reading this book with high hopes as I had just finished reading the first book in the series and had thoroughly enjoyed every page. Click here to see my Hunger Games review.

I found the first few pages of this book quiet boring after the thrilling and gripping action of the actual games but once I began to understand the danger that Katniss (Everdeen) and Peeta (Mellark) are in I began to understand why this series has three books rather than the one. The romance seen in the first book has harsh consequences for both Katniss and Peeta’s loved ones which for Katniss includes her lifelong best friend Gale.   

The cover of this book is quite bright blue- a stark contrast from the dark black of the first book’s cover.  This suggests a happier and jollier theme to the book. Here is the cover of the book:
This book is mostly about the implications of Peeta and Katniss’ last few minutes in the arena in which they were about to eat the poisonous berries. This would have left the Capitol with no Hunger Games winner. Their behaviour has sparked rebellions in many of the districts. The Peacekeepers are trying their hardest to stifle all rumours but Katniss and Peeta see it all on their victory tour.

The Quarter Quell brings new surprises and pressures for the couple and I can guarantee that this book will grip you just as the 1st book did.

I think that the feelings of Katniss and Peeta are explored further as their relationship is taken to the next level and Katniss has to figure out her feeling for Gale compared to the feelings she has for Peeta.

Despite the fact that I loved this book and would recommend it to anyone I would say that to fully grasp the concept and not be put off by any graphic and bloody moments a reader would have to be at least 12 years of age.

Please comment with Grammar and Spelling mistakes so I can correct them. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment